• Heat oven to 375° F.
• Generously coat a 6-compartment nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine the shredded potatoes, 1 tablespoon flour, baking powder, salt, and egg. Mix well.
• Divide mixture evenly into the muffin tin. With the back of a teaspoon, gently press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each compartment, forming “baskets.” Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
While the baskets are baking, make the cheese sauce:
• To a medium saucepan, add the butter and remaining flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to form a roux. Add the milk and onion flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring with a whisk, until mixture has thickened and no lumps remain. Add the Cooper® cheese in thirds, allowing it to melt after each addition. When the cheese sauce is ready, add the cooked broccoli and mix gently to combine.
• To serve, place a potato basket onto a plate and fill it with a nice, big spoonful of the broccoli and cheese sauce. Top each basket with additional shredded Cooper® cheese and crumbled bacon.
Hint: To remove the potato baskets from the muffin tin, gently run a sharp knife around the edge of each, carefully prying them just a bit from the compartment. Remove the rest of the way with a spoon.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.