• Light the grill.
• Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and make a slice on the right side of the breast from the top to the bottom to form a butterfly. Do not slice all the way through.
• In a medium a skillet on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add onions and peppers and sauté. Add the banana peppers or jalapeños and sauté. Drain the sautéed veggies on a paper towel and set aside.
• Open the butterflied chicken breasts and place 2 slices of Cooper® cheese in the center of each. Equally, portion the sautéed veggies on top of the cheese. Fold over the top of the butterflied chicken breasts to close.
• In a medium bowl (big enough to coat the chicken breasts) prepare the spice rub by combining paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
• Gently coat each stuffed chicken breast on both sides with the spice rub. Be careful to keep the contents inside the stuffed chicken breasts as you coat them.
• Place each stuffed chicken breast on the grill and cook 6 minutes on each side (cover grill to enclose heat). Chicken should cook until it is no longer pink in the middle and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
• Remove from the grill, serve, and enjoy!
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.