• Prepare mushroom risotto according to package directions. Spread it on to a cookie sheet and refrigerate until chilled through.
• Transfer chilled risotto to a bowl. Using wet hands, roll chilled risotto into 12 balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter. For each risotto ball, poke a small hole in the center, open it up to insert a cube of Cooper® cheese, then reform into a ball.
• Put flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Dredge 1 risotto ball in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, letting excess drip off, then dredge in bread crumbs and transfer to a sheet of wax paper. Repeat with remaining balls.
• Heat 2 inches of oil in a 4 to 5-quart heavy pot until thermometer registers 360°F. Working in batches of 4, lower risotto balls into oil with a slotted spoon and fry, turning occasionally, about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
• Return oil to 360°F between batches. Let balls stand 2 minutes (for cheese to melt … and your face not to melt) before eating.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.