Prepare grilled cheese sandwiches:
• Butter four slices of sourdough bread. Place two slices, buttered side down, in a warmed skillet. To each slice of bread add 2 slices of Cooper® Sharp cheese. Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side up. Grill until bread is golden brown or about 3-4 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until bread is golden brown. Remove sandwiches from heat and set aside.
Prepare the bologna bowls:
• Place a medium frying pan on medium-high heat, and add 4 slices of Lebanon bologna. Grill for 3 minutes per side, being careful not to burn. If meat starts to curl, use kitchen scissors to snip sides of the bologna. Flip and continue to grill for another 3 minutes. Remove grilled bologna from heat and place into a small rimmed dish or bowl. Top with 1 slice of Cooper® Sharp cheese.
• Repeat for the remaining 4 slices of bologna, placing in a second dish or bowl.
• In the same frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter. Crack 1-2 eggs into the frying pan and cook to your preference—sunny side up, over easy, whatever you like best (just make sure the yolks stay a bit runny, we’ll be using the egg for dipping). When eggs are cooked to your liking, remove eggs from the pan and add to the bowl on top of the Cooper® cheese and Lebanon bologna. Repeat with the remaining 1-2 eggs.
• Slice the grilled cheese sandwiches into four strips, or cut diagonally into triangles. When you sit down to eat this bowl of deliciousness, you’ll dip those strips of grilled cheese into the eggs and melty Cooper® cheese. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it.
This recipe is also great to riff on—one of our go-to additions is to spice it up a bit with pickled jalapeños or your favorite hot sauce.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.