• Slice each bun into 3 sections, forming a bottom, middle, and top. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, mix ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Form into 4 quarter-pound patties.
• Cook the burgers in a medium skillet for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, and burgers are browned all the way through. During the last minute or so of cooking, place 2 slices of Cooper Sharp cheese on each burger and continue cooking until the cheese is nice and melty.
Assemble your burgers:
• Place a piece of lettuce on the bottom section of a bun. Layer on 2 tomato slices. Place one of the burger patties on top of the tomato slices, then add the middle section of the bun. Top the middle bun with more lettuce, tomatoes, and another burger patty. Top the burger with a condiment of your choice and cap with the top piece of the bun.
• This is a big burger. So you might consider doing some stretches first. You know, just limber up a little. Then, dig in!
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.